Friday, February 09, 2007

Rocketeers new cover


Rocketeers
Originally uploaded by mpbelfiore.
I spoke too soon when I said the cover for my forthcoming commercial spaceflight book was finalized. Turns out a certain high-volume bookseller thought it lacked punch, so the designers went back to the drawing board and came up with this one.

The artwork, by Nick Kaloterakis, is from the February 2006 cover of Popular Science, illustrating my story on the Rocket Racing League.

I like the book jacket a lot; it looks like a retro science fiction book cover, which is completely appropriate, since the book is about old-time science fiction coming true.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think that the cover works. At least for me! Boy those ships look SHINY. I want one!

Hope it means more sales.

Jay

Anonymous said...

1000% better than the old one. :)

JackKennedy said...

The new book cover is more sharp, chrisp, brighter, enhanced contrasts and sci-fi-like. The artist did an excellent job in helping you attract people to the anticipated content.

Will you being a book tour to promote the book this summer?

- Jack

Michael Belfiore said...

That's the plan, Jack. Soon as the book is off to the pinter--end of next month--I'm going to make it my business to promote the book as fully as I can. I think it should have a fair amount of crossover appeal--not just among space fans. It'll be interesting to see how far I can take it....

Dan Schrimpsher said...

You might want to check you image link. It looks a lot like a Hearth album cover now. Not sure what happened since yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I glanced at the cover of Rocketeers and immediately said out loud "WOW !!". Splendid. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Michael!

Michael Belfiore said...

Thanks, Nick! I love your work and I feel honored to have it on my book.