Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NPR interview and Department of Mad Scientists excerpt


You can now hear me on demand, talking about my new book on DARPA, The Department of Mad Scientists, on National Public Radio's All Things Considered.


Also on that page is the opening of the first chapter, which is about DARPA's Revolutionizing Prosthetics program.

The program is the most ambitious artificial limb project in history, devoting some $100 million to building an arm the looks, feels, and wears like a native arm.

Want more? Listen to me read from the intro in a clip on my home page:

2 comments:

JackKennedy said...

Michael, Your book is very good and I have recommended it to many of my friends. I do hope you will do a follow-on about the new Department of Energy's ARPA-E as it matures and the relationship model with DARPA. All the best in the New Year!

- Jack Kennedy

Michael Belfiore said...

Thanks for that, Jack, I really appreciate it. Happy new year to you too!