Saturday, September 10, 2005

NASA's secret space plan

Here's the cover for the next issue of PopSci, featuring my story on t/Space. Should be on stands within a week or so.

I love the look of this thing. It's like a pulp magazine of the 1940s. "Cannibalistic spider sex can make you a genius!" Fantastic. There's no denying that this is a popular magazine!

I used to dream of writing for the science fiction pulps like my idols Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov and the rest. But except for a handful of small press zines that languish with the poetry mags on the bottom racks, the pulps are dead and gone; science fiction short stories just aren't popular literature any more.

Science fact, however, certainly is, even stuff as speculative as anything run by Astounding Stories back in the day.

Seems I've arrived, just where I've always wanted to be. It's a great feeling.

No comments: