Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rocketeers off to the printers

Rocketeers title page layout
Okay, well, not quite, but my role in creating the book is over, and now it's up to the production department at Smithsonian Books to input my final, handwritten changes to the layout, and ship it to the printer. My editor hopes to have bound galleys ready for reviewers by May 1, and then it goes on sale August 1.

Of course, my work is far from over. In fact, some would say it's just begun. Next comes promoting the book, which will mean doing lots of interviews and trying to get as many media impressions as I can.

Step one is to launch a revamped website at www.michaelbelfiore.com. I'll have excerpts, blurbs from advance readers, my schedule of appearances, and lots of other goodies. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

JackKennedy said...

Michael -- Looking forward to the publication and buying the book. It has been interesting to watch you advance through the process. It will be a good opening background book for many to the first commercial suborbital flights and the key players making it happen.

Pergaps you will have time to review and reflect upon the newly enacted Virginia Spaceflight Liability and Immunity Act and how it may impact the state of the industry; or, at least, how the Virginia law may encourage other state legislatures to advance such a regime for their state spaceport.