Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Book signings, podcasts, and a review

Back from Washington, where I launched my book Rocketeers at the National Air & Space Museum and the NewSpace 2007 conference. There's me signing books at the museum's Udvar-Hazy center at Dulles Airport. Larry Lowe, writer for Air & Space Smithsonian, took the picture.

C-SPAN taped the talk I gave at the museum's National Mall location before my signing there on Friday. Should be on C-SPAN2's Book TV in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, HarperCollins has posted some podcasts I recorded about the book, including a complete synopsis told in six minutes.

And the August Wired has a review of the book giving it eight out of ten stars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't miss the book and the great review of it in the Wall Street Journal on July 28, 2007. Just search "Michael Belfiore" to read the review.

Tom Cuddihy said...

Great book, Michael. You signed my copy at the Dulles Smithsonian--I thoroughly enjoyed the read!

Since I was right in the middle of the book when I heard about the Mojave blast, I was also interested by your take in Wired. Could almost serve as a coda after the rest.

Thanks for the great book!