Wednesday, July 18, 2007

On C-SPAN at National Air & Space Museum


Just heard that C-SPAN will tape my upcoming talk and reading at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum for Book TV on S-SPAN2. The show bills itself as "Top Nonfiction Authors Every Weekend." Hey! That must be me!

If you're going be in Washington, DC for the NewSpace 2007 conference this week, or if you're there anyway, come on over to the museum this Friday, July 20, at 3:00 p.m.

That's the anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. What a great way to celebrate--among some of the most historically important air- and spacecraft in the world, including the Apollo 11 command module and SpaceShipOne, which started the personal spaceflight revolution chronicled by my book Rocketeers.

The book isn't officially published until July 31, but the museum gift shop will sell copies in advance for me to sign in honor of Apollo 11 and the space conference.

I was originally slated to read in the gift shop, but since the TV crew is coming, the museum is going to rope off a gallery for me and whoever wants to check it out.

I'll be at the museum's Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles Airport to talk and sign again on Sunday, July 22 at 1:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!

No comments: