Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DARPA audio book

I'm commuting to New York City this week to record the audio version of my book about DARPA, The Department of Mad Scientists, for Random House Audio.

It will be available as an iTunes download when the print version releases, October 20.

My director is Grammy Award winner David Rapkin, a twenty-plus-year veteran of the business who's not only taken the trouble to read the book before our sessions, but actually to research the correct pronunciations of all the people and places mentioned in it. It's a treat to work with him.

Tip of the day, courtesy of Mr. Rapkin: cure distractingly audible stickiness of the mouth by chewing Granny Smith apples. You can just make out the apple David gave me on the table to my right in the picture.

No comments: