Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a wrap for DARPA audio book

I've just finished reading the audio version of my book on DARPA, The Department of Mad Scientists, for Random House Audio.

My director, David Rapkin, seemed particularly taken with the chapter on the Urban Challenge, DARPA's autonomous vehicle race.

David hung on my every word, having me retake every sentence or phrase in which I hesitated, mispronounced a word, or otherwise stumbled.

The result should be a smooth listening experence, with nothing in my delivery to distract from the text.

The four days of recording were hard work, but a lot of fun, making me nostalgiac for my theater days.

Now it's up to the editors to put the 11-some-odd hours of audio book together in time for its release on iTunes November 1.

No comments: